Sunday 11 August 2013

Levels 4 (The Walled Lake) FINISHED

So far Levels 4 stands at 112,843 words, though I've written and deleted far more. Today, though, I wrote the best two:


It's been hard going, weaving together a couple of different story lines from the first three books, giving prominence to all the old characters and adding some new ones, has been difficult. There was a patch in the middle where drawing all the threads together was really, really hard, but then, when I started to wind up the tension towards the end, writing got easier and more fluid, until this weekend I wrote the two big, climactic scenes not far from here:



This is the treasury at Petra, lit by candles. Relevant to the story in an Indiana Jones kind of way...

I'm giving myself a week to maybe knock out a quick short story, and let things settle, then I'm getting into redrafting and cover design. Hopefully it won't be long until the story is on your Kindle...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad. Nor can I. Really excited to see what everybody thinks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAY I loooove this series and I'm super excited for when I'll be able to read this! I literally read the first 3 books in five days because I was so hooked on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherisse, your feedback is so welcome! I hope I can keep entertaining you...

      Delete