Wednesday 2 November 2011

Why I wrote it like that... and one of the best movie quotes ever.

of



SPOT the odd one out.
Werewolf, Vampire, Angel, Wizard, Spiderman.
Not difficult: All of them have special powers, but only one is a hero. Why is that?
In so much paranormal romance characters have the ability to REALLY make the world a better place. Instead they're sunk in squabbles with their paranormal enemies.
It's such a waste.
That's why, when I wrote one of my lead characters I was thinking of the quote from Spiderman. "With great power comes great responsibility." There's so much romance and excitement in fighting evil and saving the world.
To know which character it is, and to know what he or she can do, you're going to have to read Song to Wake to. Not all of it though, see how long it takes you to guess...

1 comment:

  1. I think you make a great point, but the same could be said about everyday people. So many people with power - CEOs, teachers, even parents - take no responsibility for making the world a better place.

    I'm a teacher, and I have a bracelet that says, "I am making a difference in the world today." It sounds corny, but every night I ask myself, "What did I do to make a difference today?" I enjoy reading stories about characters who do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete